Thread: Hello everyone
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2015, 05:20 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default We know what it feels like,

I am also so sorry that you are here due to RSD, but it is so true. This is a very wonderful place to go where there are others who have encountered such similar situations. We are here for you. Best wishes. We will all be here for the good and the bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcbarton70 View Post
I am very new to RSD!
I am a nurse and sustained a crush injury to my left arm in October. I was told that it was sprained and would get better...it didn't. I started e experiencing paresthesias in my Left arm with minimal pain in the hand. I was referred to a neurologist. By the time I had the appointment, I was experiencing swelling, discoloration, sensitivity to touch and cold. I was prescribed Norco, Mobic, Neurontin. I was then told that the physician suspects RSD based on my symptoms. Upon follow up, the paresthesias improved but the pain was unreal. I was scheduled and had a stellate ganglion nerve block that was unsuccessful. The doctor told me to read up RSD but was remiss to make the diagnosis as this is a work injury... I have not seen him since. He has refilled my prescriptions and has referred me for a second opinion. I have been at home for 2 months with no office visits. I have started recently having extremity "twitching" which scares me to death. I am scared of becoming dependent on the Norco. I feel so alone and cannot even express to my husband what I feel. Can somebody give me some insight?
stillsmiling is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
HeidiB (01-11-2015), RSD ME (01-10-2015)