View Single Post
Old 01-10-2015, 05:25 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

From what I've been able to find, binaural beats alter how the brain works temporarily. They are not advised for people with mental disorders and I would be concerned as to whether organic brain injury should also be a concern. I can't find the comment but remember reading about someone who had long term problems after a therapist tried to repeatedly use binaural beats to treat his symptoms. I think they used Brain State Technologies system.

People have had adverse events from other auditory neuro-therapy systems, such as LENS.

Here is a comment I found at Brain State Technologies' web site. "While there are numerous gimmicks and various brainwave modification paraphernalia available to the home-user, take-home binaural beat technology (products like Hemi-sync and Holo-sync, to name a few) are by far the most popular. These are mass-marketed CDs; products that force the brain into pre-programmed frequencies, pre-set by the device manufacturer. These types of products are considered brain “entrainment” devices and results vary from good, to neutral, to negative."

So, the point is to be careful.

I use normal auditory stimulation to help me relax. Years ago, I did well with foreign language vocals. I knew the basics of what the lyrics meant but I did not need to translate the singing to enjoy it. Recordings such as Andrea Bocelli's Time to Say Good Bye or Sarah Brightman's duet or solo performances worked good for me. Also, some light pop-jazz worked for me (Diana Krall/Love Letters) . I find it is important that the musical arrangement be of high quality so the various sounds work together vs conflicting.

I found that I need to simply occupy the audio channel of my brain so I am not actively thinking. Repetitive audio means my brain knows what to expect and can get lost in the flow of the music. If the music ends and I am triggered into an active thought process, I need to start over.

I hope this helps.

My best to you.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lawyer1732 (01-10-2015), SweetC (01-11-2015)