Thread: Burning feet
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2015, 07:39 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Great info thanks

Hi razzle51 - after my first reply to you I did further reading on the PN threads and you may already have found this one: "Anyone with Anti-MAG Neuropathy?" It's been running for a few years but has some discussion about burning feet in relation to this unusual neuropathy. You may find some useful info - sorry not sure how to put the direct link in here.
Thanks Stacy2012 for the info on erythromelalgia. I hadn't heard of that so looked it up. I don't have any of the redness typically associated with EM but I do have persistent numbness in the toe & ball area of both feet and in my left hand - slowly increasing. You're right about the confusing diagnosis with PN etc. - it's important to get as accurate assessment as possible. It took more than 10 years of misdiagnosis and treatment before I was given a definite diagnosis for Addison's Disease during a near fatal crisis. Will ask the neurologist about EM (when I finally get an appt. that is).
In regard to soaking skin in water - mine is so dry/hard that it probably does it some good. I usually only leave it in for 10-15 minutes at a time for quick relief. I also use an aqueous cream fortified with Vit E and Emu oil, twice daily as a moisturising/soothing balm.
To zkrp01 and Rosie33 thanks for the suggestions - will try some of those. I have no problem with the ice block re cold restricting circulation - having it wrapped in a couple of layers of toweling reduces the chill impact - discussed it with podiatrist who said it shouldn't be a problem. Unfortunately a fan would only add to the tinnitus and insomnia.
Good luck to all in the quest for relief. Hearing others solutions is a great motivator to try something new.
bluesfan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote