View Single Post
Old 01-10-2015, 10:45 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

I would certainly try Ketamine before considering amputation. And understand my concern is NOT you living with one hand. Without spread you would be WAY more functional. But what if all the issues in your hand spread to your internal organs? to your face? to your back? Don't imagine that things can't get worse, because they can. If you can only get approved for outpatient Ketamine or have to go out of pocket it would be worth paying for.

And I've had MANY Stellate Ganglion Blocks over the years and the doc's technique can make a HUGE difference. I would suggest trying with a second doc.

You should not be making your decisions based on WC. Do you have an attorney? If you are age 50 or older, you probably would have a relatively easy time getting approved for SSDI. SS would have to approve your medical set aside for WC should you decide to settle your case and not keep your medical open. At the point your medical funds were exhausted, then you'd be covered by Medicare. Medicare is approving Ketamine now--WC does if you fight hard enough in some states as well.
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bunnehead (01-13-2015), Jomar (01-10-2015)