View Single Post
Old 01-11-2015, 08:34 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Idiopathic progression?

Hi everyone,

I'm a young peripheral neuropathy sufferer and after extensive tests over the last 10 months, the cause still remains unknown so it's idiopathic to date. While my symptoms are currently manageable and mostly consist of random stinging, burning, buzzing and twitching sensations in my legs and sometimes arms, I'm concerned about the progression being 31.

Since my symptoms began in my feet and do seem to follow the stocking effect, I'm wondering what happens once it gets to your trunk? So far just my sensory nerves seem to be affected, aside from maybe a bit of the motor nerves with the twitching. Is it possible that once the sensory nerves have all been affected the autonomic next?

My neuropathy was confirmed after my Neuro completed a NCS that had showed slow nerve response and demyelination of the nerves. He did a repeat 3 months later with the exact same results--so I guess, for now, it's good there hasn't been progression.

If anyone also wants to weigh in on their idiopathic sensory progression I would greatly appreciate it I know everyone is different but sometimes the unknown of the possible progression is the toughest part for me.

Thanks!
sara1011 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote