Thread: Hi everyone
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2015, 09:53 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Thumbs up

Hi Jen,

I am sorry you are going through so much. It is obvious you have a strong and beautiful family and you are a dedicated mother. Hold on to that and keep up the good work you do for yourself and for them.

On meds, I agree that people gain tolerance. This also goes for non-opiates. People will sometimes need to switch long time meds for new ones to get the same effect. Blood pressure meds or antidepressants, benzos that have worked for years can quit working and need trading out. The old tricyclics may be a an alternative to your Zoloft. I myself am taking nortryptiline now instead of gabapentin and have fewer side effects and better pain relief. Everyone is different and everyone's body changes with time. Your doctor must recognize this.

There are also alternatives on meds for muscle spasm. We have a doctor in my city who specializes in botox injections for muscle spasm. He treats many MS and other neuro patients with this for longer term relief without oral meds, perhaps allowing people to drop something that makes them foggy or simply isn't giving adequate relief. There are many options out there, medications like alpha blockers can provide a sympathetic blocking action if you are past the point or not interested in nerve block.

Hang in there, we are routing for you. Changing your regimen can be challenging and take several misses but ultimately be of benefit. Never settle to you have to!

Sending healing Love,
Littlepaw
Littlepaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
stillsmiling (08-28-2015)