Old 01-11-2015, 02:13 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizi View Post

I think that would have been a mistake starting a new medication getting ready to leave town. (I decided to not run the t3 or t4 until I get back from vacation)
Bizi,

I would have done the same thing you did -- no reason to take thyroid med a couple days before a trip AND esp when she did not run the other two tests.
I would not leave over one med recommendation and one incomplete test.
Tell her you need the full panel and that you are more concerned about your mood than about anything else.

Quote:
She thought that the thyroid medication might help my moods. and then she told her nurse to tell me that she wanted to double my dose of LAMICTAL,
DUH!! You talk to her about thyroid and she answers with talk of Lamictal?????!!!!

Quote:
I told the nurse that lamictal was good as an antidepressant qualtilies but not for mania. ISN'T THIS COMMON knowledge about lamictal?????? I was so dissappointed. Do I need to get a new pdoc?????
IF you are only unhappy about the Lamictal, then you can stay with her, but I remember that you do not like her anyway.

Quote:
Quickly researching elevated TSH and HDL, it seems that both can be elevated from drinking too much alcohol. So I am going to wait to have the t3 t4 run in about a month and am going to curtail my drinking.
I think it takes more than one month --three months maybe but I am not an expert.

Good luck with the clear liquid today.I hope that tomorrow goes well also.

Good job with the clean mammo.

Quote:
She doesn't want me drinking at all.
You can understand why she feels that way. She is being a good pdoc in that regard.

Quote:
added, I will email my pdocs her office to let her know that I was back intown and that I never really was hypomanic and that I will have the t3t4 run in a month.
That is a good idea.

Mari
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (01-11-2015), DiMarie (01-12-2015), Dmom3005 (01-12-2015), mymorgy (01-11-2015), waves (01-11-2015)