View Single Post
Old 01-11-2015, 04:03 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Smith View Post
Hi Minnie,

I do have peripheral neuropathy (PN), and severe osteoarthritis OA), but the pain from those is overshadowed by the effects of the OA and degenerative disc disease (DDD). The discs near the top & bottom of my spine are pressing against nerves (stenosis), and in a couple of places there is so little disk material left as to leave bone-on-bone. The vertebrae in my neck have begun to autofuse, which is good in some ways—not so good in others. My doctors tell me I'm inoperable due to the severity of the arthritis.

I was going to say pretty much what MrsD said about getting prior approval—or override—with medical justification from your doctor for the medication. Exceptions can sometimes be made for insurance company R&Rs (I agree that many are inane—even stupid) but it takes a doctor who is willing to go to bat for his/her patients, knows how—and is willing to—play their game, and has the gumption.

If you haven't read/seen it yet, here's a book many chronic painees here (and everywhere) have read and recommended. It's free to download, and contains much useful information.

The Intractable Pain Patients Handbook for Survival

In looking for the above link (the previous link has expired) I also came across this:

More Evidence That Naltrexone Aids Fibromyalgia

Doc
Those are great links - thanks!
SloRian is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote