View Single Post
Old 01-11-2015, 04:24 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

MrsD--it was very terrifying to me, yes! And like Lara's daughter, it still spikes my anxiety a week later thinking about it. I hope that goes away. Fortunately for my wife's sanity, however, I was too confused to be able to text/call her or tell her when she showed up that night. I told her the next day after I had slept it off.

Lara, I ended up back in the ER last Monday and the first thing I told them was NO Compazine. I did go back to work but it has become pretty obvious it is not going to be realistic right now. I started journaling my symptoms and thoughts through the day and it really is VERY enlightening to see how work is affecting me.

But I see the neurologist on Wednesday. My wife would rather I not go back before then but it will allow me to have a couple more days to document things for the neurologist and for my employer as well. But I am finally understanding what you guys mean by finding my limitations and brain breaks...

I was raised with the "just walk it off" mentality. I have always believed if you push through the pain, it'lol get better. When I hurt my back and needed a lumbar fusion 5 years ago, it got me back on my feet in half the time.

But it doesn't work like that with the brain, does it?

Thank you guys so much for moderating and contributing. I know I'm not telling you something new but this gets SO lonely!! Because everyone thinks just like I did... "Well, you just need to push through it! Walk it off!!"

Thank you so very much
Lawyer1732 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (01-11-2015), mrsD (01-11-2015)