View Single Post
Old 01-11-2015, 06:53 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Frown Exercises...

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the reply. PT did a lot of massage and trigger point massage, estim, ultrasound, moist heat, posture corrections, stretching, ROM and strength training of the supporting muscles.

The Chiro did complete xrays and my cervical spine is straighter than it should be, I have developed some bone spurs and have some disc misalignment, compression and bulging. I may be missing something there, but that's what I remember right now. My left hip is also 1.8 millimeters higher than the right hip. My piriformis muscles on both sides are also very tight and the one on the left sometimes compresses the sciatic nerve which is oh so painful!

So right now, the chiro is doing estim, ultrasound and cold laser therapy. I do moist heat at home, sometimes ice, but at this point, the heat usually helps more.

The chiro also does massage, trigger point massage/release, stretching, very gentle adjustment to thoracic and lumbar spine. Sometimes, he tries very gentle adjustment to cervical spine, but he doesn't force it. I am feeling better, but still have a long way to go to normal, and I have headaches almost every day that don't respond much to any medication.

The PT also had me on Flexeril, Aleve and Tylenol 3 with codeine for when it's really bad. They tried to give me a script for Percocet instead, but I'm allergic to it. None of those meds really made a difference, so I don't take them. The chiro told me to try 800 milligrams of Motrin when it's awful, and that does help some.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that the insomnia is back and my blood pressure has consistently been up for a few weeks, so my PCP put me on BP med, Metoprolol. I don't know whether to attribute the BP to constant pain and headaches or the inability to exercise much for the past seven months. I just really want my normal life back, and to not have to go to several appointments every week.
CatmidVa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote