View Single Post
Old 01-11-2015, 06:58 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIT LOVE View Post
I would certainly try Ketamine before considering amputation. And understand my concern is NOT you living with one hand. Without spread you would be WAY more functional. But what if all the issues in your hand spread to your internal organs? to your face? to your back? Don't imagine that things can't get worse, because they can. If you can only get approved for outpatient Ketamine or have to go out of pocket it would be worth paying for.

And I've had MANY Stellate Ganglion Blocks over the years and the doc's technique can make a HUGE difference. I would suggest trying with a second doc.

You should not be making your decisions based on WC. Do you have an attorney? If you are age 50 or older, you probably would have a relatively easy time getting approved for SSDI. SS would have to approve your medical set aside for WC should you decide to settle your case and not keep your medical open. At the point your medical funds were exhausted, then you'd be covered by Medicare. Medicare is approving Ketamine now--WC does if you fight hard enough in some states as well.
Dr put in for ketamine times two both were denied we are in the appeal process now but that can take up to three more months. I'm just throwing this out there and don't want to offend anybody but if you have just a chance and its a small chance that amputation could give you pain free why not try. I'm just at the end of my rope I'm tired of being in pain and need relief and if amputation can give you that why not try. They did a study in England I believe where there was 30 people that had amputation 16 were pain free afterwards with no recurrence of rsd . I'm looking at it as a 50/50 chance and the way I have felt over the last 6 months I may just take the chance.I'm not saying its right or wrong but it is a chance. I have also read that it didn't work at all. Don't get me wrong I want to try anything possible before amputation but when the surgeon brought it up I actually felt there could be relief quicker then waiting for bwc to approve treatment. I apologize for rambling on I just needed to vent.
swampcricket is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
RSD ME (01-11-2015)