View Single Post
Old 01-11-2015, 07:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

swamcricket, my husband hurt his knee and workmen comp tried the cheapest way possible to fix it which caused more tearing in his knee before they a non workmens comp dr finally said he needed surgery. even then they didn't have his meds ready after surgery. they don't make things easy and try to cut corners.

in my husbands case luckily, his knee could still be repaired by surgery and the tear was fixed. if you have your rsd site amputated and it doesn't work and spreads, they cannot fix it. they can't put your limb back on.

i have NEVER read or heard of any dr who treats rsd say that amputation was a way of treating it. in fact, everything my drs have told me and everything i've read has said the opposite. Amputation will not take away your rsd pain and will only make it worse by spreading to other parts of your body.

surgery especially in the rsd site is one of the worst things a dr can do. It is NOT a treatment of rsd. If i were you i would find a dr or maybe more then one that who knows what rsd is i.e. a neurologist and pain management dr and read sites online like rsdsa and rsd hope and Dr. Hooshmands articles online about amputation and rsd. they are all against it.

dr. schwartmann is an excellent rsd dr too. check him out online as well. i think he works in PA. Dr. Hooshmand worked in FL but is now retired.

i am not a dr but even everyone i've spoken to here have said the same thing. we all believe that AMPUTATION IS ONLY GOING TO MAKE RSD WORSE BY SPREADING.

don't believe everything your drs tell you, especially if they are from wc. i hope you can find a dr who can treat your rsd properly.

take care my friend and please don't do anything without talking to other drs who know rsd is. i don't think consultations from other drs cost much if anything at all. and remember to make sure they are not from wc. also get a copy of their report their opinions after your visits.

soft hugs.