View Single Post
Old 01-11-2015, 11:39 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizi View Post
Anyway, I hate confrontation and I have been with both my mdoc and pdoc for 10 years but these latest incidences just really go me mad.
I know you hate confrontation, but it can be constructive, especially when it comes to health care and your relationships with your doctors. You do know how to be confrontational, and you can be good at it -- polite, etc. Can you muddle through the hating it, from time to time, to have your needs better met? Isn't it more unpleasant, ultimately, to swallow anger and accept treatments plans with which you disagree? Changing doctors won't necessarily fix things.

Quote:
Especially with my pdoc whom I see far more often every 3-4 months.
My pdoc really thought the lamictal would help with my hyponess really it just turned out to be anxiety and not hypomania. Which is normal for me this time of the year getting ready for a big trip. I told her that I would call when I got back into town.
I think I will wait until I have decreased my drinking and have had the thyroid test run. She doesn't want me drinking at all.
I am not the right person to advise on your pdoc, because she lost my respect a long time ago: I remember your saying she would not see you if you continued to drink, i.e. she gave you an ultimatum. I canned her, right then and there. Keeping her forced you into dishonesty which, when it comes to medications which interact with alcohol, is a bad, bad, bad, bad scene.

It seems however that she has not really kept you to that, since you've told her about drinking recently. But she doesn't have the full picture on you, either.

Mostly, I'd like you to see a pdoc with whom you can be honest, especially about the chemicals you ingest. If you can make the current relationship honest, i.e., if she will accept your struggle with drinking, as it is, then it could work.

As to the Lamictal... I'd say just refuse it. Confrontation again, I know.

Quote:
added, I will email my pdocs her office to let her know that I was back intown and that I never really was hypomanic and that I will have the t3t4 run in a month. I will tell her that I am fine except that I was drinking too much but will curtail now that I have returned home.
Yes, the anxiety makes sense. I was through the roof with anxiety planning for my trip. I thought I was manic at times, other times depressed, sometimes mixed, but it was all transient feelings, from the anxiety. I am off all regular benzos, but at that time I took them day on day off, and was drinking... sometimes heavily for me (2-3 hard drinks). And plus you were worrying about Jeff being off in China, I'm sure.

So yeah. These are huge stressors and we are going to react in kind: huge anxiety is about the size of it.

Take care, Bizi. You are starting out this year with a lot on your plate!

waves
"Thanks for this!" says:
DiMarie (01-12-2015), Dmom3005 (01-12-2015), Mari (01-11-2015), mymorgy (01-12-2015)