View Single Post
Old 01-12-2015, 10:27 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thanks, everyone.

I'm still in doubt as to whether this really is concussion-linked due to the week of normality, but I know the brain is a complex thing.

I think anxiety has played a really major role in impeding recovery- I started to become convinced I had cancer or a brain tumor (because of the fatigue and because I started to wake up every hour at night sweating)...I had a CBC done (normal) and eventually a without contrast CT scan of head (normal). As much as all this should have comforted me, I persisted in my hypochondria- "It must be lymphoma because complete blood counts don't always pick up on that" "It must be a brain tumor, just a small one or one down near the brain stem and the CT scan didn't pick up on it"

Heart Palpitations (probably anxiety linked) have recently been bothering me when trying to sleep and sometimes during the day. Depression has also set in- "You will never be what you were" "You will never be back to normal" "Everyone thinks you're crazy" "You don't even have anything, you're just a nervous wreck and you're taking years off your life" "You will always think about what is wrong with you" "You will always be dizzy" "Something is really wrong in your head" I spent my time alternating between mourning my normal past, being jealous of everyone around me who is not dizzy and who feels normal, and fearing for the future- can I handle school? Will I have fun and go on trips and be myself ever again?

The dizziness seemed to dissipate for a couple days but randomly came back with full vengeance recently and I'm not sure if it'll ever subside. At this point I don't know if it's concussion related or anxiety related or what. I'm just baffled. It's transitioned from a "head dizziness" feeling to more of a full body thing- when I'm walking it's like I'm on a ship or something. And the internet scares me- people post about being dizzy for months and even years...I don't know if I could handle that huge of a fall in my quality of life for so long.

Is my brain permanently damaged? I've read the vestibular system doesn't heal itself very well....I know I should feel lucky that the dizziness and sleeping problems are my only battle to fight, but all I want is to know I'll be 100% old me at some point in the future. Sorry, I know these are long posts about uncertain questions, but I'm hoping someone here has experienced something similar and has a success story.
comet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (01-12-2015)