View Single Post
Old 01-12-2015, 12:54 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

i know how you feel. i could say i got used to it, but how does one actually do that? we have pride and dignity that sometimes gets slammed. but, i try to put my mind where their mind is. i think the majority of people just dont know what to do. i know how frustrating this is, but now i see it from a different side as i watch steve go through. again i will say that the majority of people just do not know what to do, but bless the hearts of the people who try. its a whole different world having pd.

i remember once i was on an airplane and when the flight landed, i had turned into a statue and could not move to even get out of my seat. i was horrified as i overheard the flight attendants speaking about the proceeding flight now being late and the more stressed i became, the worse i got. the pilot came back to sit with me saying his father had pd. he stayed there until i could move. i will never forget that man. humans are basically by nature caring people, but in some situations.. like witnessing pd.. they dont know what to do. thank God for those who do.

when mgh was hot... some people here remember it..it saved my sanity. by the time i found it. i was 10 years into my dxd and had never seen any other young onset pd. it gave me a sense of finally someone understood me. when mgh went down and many gravitated to braintalk, i followed and the same compassion stayed strong there with new people joining our family. now there is a new family neurotalk and it offers the same comforting support.

my history is long and weird, but some of the senior members here know it and were even part of it. as i went through the shock of being misdiagnosed after nearly 20 years, they were here with me. and now, after being away for a couple of years, i check back and find the same wonderful support that has always been here. this is a sanctuary of people who do know what to do
Thelma (01-12-2015)