Thread: Head Pressure
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2007, 06:27 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks for replies regarding my son's recovery ( Nigel and Yannimac). I appreciate your interest and think both have a point. My son does point out that he is not fully recovered and he does get nervous about other peoples expectations. We are hoping for full recovery and I am aware that there is no guarantee. His doctors both say they are fully expecting this and that he just need to be supported until symptom free. When he is without his symptoms, headaches, dizziness etc, he should gradually start exercise. He is just about there. He goes days without any symptoms. We can expect to have relapse if he over does it. He is seeing, a physicain in Concord MA who also sees alot of sports concussion injurys. The pschological frustrations that happen during recovery, I think are devastating and my heart goes out to those who are alone with this recovery. He will never be the same, as none of us are after a traumatic event. I think support and understanding go a long way and hope that will ease the pschological pain. He is proud and wants the have success again. This will help him and ,yes, he will probably have to work harder initially to get it. My job is to encourage him but not try to push him when he is already doing the best he can. I have made mistakes, already by not understanding he is doing his best, even if that means resting when he feels lousy. Take care and lets hope we all recover the most that is possible.
Nancy
Nancy F is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote