View Single Post
Old 06-11-2007, 06:47 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Chermar,
Thanks I was able to open websites. I just had to knock out a few security blocks from my spyware. I am so glad so much is changing with the concussion/ MTBI world. The sports trainer at our school is pretty traumatized about PCS and the responsibilities with concussions. She had two cases this year that were pretty bad, my son and a another female student who had several concussions in basketball. This girl actually had a seizure on the basketball court after her last head injury and then was recovering for months. Recently she sidelined a lacrosee goalie who was dizzy and dazed after being hit in head with a baseball. She did not allow her to practice or play goalie until her IMPACT test came back to baseline. I was amazed to hear the anger in her mothers voice about this. Her mother felt she was fine and wanted her to play and not miss a game. She was even telling me this when she knew what a nightmare we have been going through. Some parents do not hear the message until it is too late. I even felt she thought we might be partly at fault for this safety reaction. She thought it was too overprotective.
Nancy
Nancy F is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote