View Single Post
Old 06-11-2007, 06:52 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

WOW Derrick is growing up quick! I have no clue what to get a 16 year old period, I can't face the fact that my "baby" will be 15 in a couple of weeks.

I wish I could say that the seizure storm was calmer, but since the complete weaning of Topomax we are in a downward spiral, Dr.P had her do a short course of Klonopin which made an amazing difference, but as I feared 24 hours later the seizures were back, they are shorter with the increase of her Zonegran but still to many to frequently. Right now we are waiting to get her levels back from a check friday afternoon before Dr.P give us the next direction to take with her.

We realize that she will probally never have COMPLETE seizure freedom, so we are looking for the fewest seizures with the least side effects (I guess thats what we all want though, right?) Given her diagnosis we have a battle ahead of us.

This weekend we attended a really neat festival that is held here every year, Ri was swinging on the wheelchair swing and a photographer from the Journal came up and wanted to take her picture- the article about the festival with Ri's picture will be in the paper Friday! She LOVES to swing, and really finds it a treat to swing in her chair. she remembered the swing from last year as soon as we pulled into the church parking lot she was looking for it...

Thursday Serena's Song will be at one of the parks here and we plan on going. Riley saw a flyer the other day with a picture of the hot air balloon and is really excited about going up in the air! I on the other hand am a little less excited about leaving the ground~

School is out and I couldn't be happier- Next year Ri will have a new teacher take over her class since the one hired mid year this year was a temp. We already know her and she knows the kids so I expect next school year to be wonderful!

Here is one of the pictures I took at the festival- The swing is where she wanted to stay!

Sarah (14) Aspergers Syndrome
Victoria (16) Above Average Teenage sister
Jade (11) my niece, but now also my baby
Jacob (6) Possible Aspergers, but we have to sort through his anger/abandonment issues first
Jackson (4) The sweetest little guy you will ever meet.
Busymommie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote