View Single Post
Old 01-13-2015, 12:40 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

It's funny; I have noticed that days when I've overloaded myself, the soothing sounds are no longer soothing. Even the most subtle white noise is too much to handle. Another funny thing happened last night. My 5 yr old wanted to sleep with me in my bed and requested the spa music option. I had to change it because it was actually jarring to me and I started feeling dizzy...while laying down. That was weird. I love music, but since my injury, I avoid all of it because it's all been too much.

Has anyone else had sounds or music make them dizzy?[/QUOTE]

I have tried many and like 'Activation Life' CDs I listen to when I can't fall asleep as they are repetitive sounds every 5 minutes or so. I also like dream inducer in theta mode and I overlay it with iREst yoga by Jeanne Dillion in the iTunes Store and that really relaxes me and I can rest.

I'd be weary though as I also get dizzy with some sounds and some beats so just like every injury is different so is each individual's recovery. Practice and see how you do with different types!

Therapy: Vision therapy to improve focal and ambient systems Neuropsychological testing and treatment Vestibular therapy Gabapentin 1800mgs/daily Clonazapam when needed

Natural Therapy and Supplements: Brain breaks every 2 hours Meditation GABA 1000 mcgs B12 1000 mcgs Niacin 3000-5000 mgs (this has significantly helped with brain fog, mood control, and depression) Nordic Naturals Fish Oil 2000mgs Potassium Multi V Glucosamine 5HTP Vitamin D 1500mgs

"Your True Self contains Every Possibility"
-Deepak Chopra
=}
[/SIZE]
ilikepolkadots is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote