View Single Post
Old 01-13-2015, 12:56 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I drank quite a bit after my last concussion in 2012 not knowing I had suffered any damage. I noticed I was 'way drink' after a beer and a half, unusual for me. Not that I was a drinker- I was a cyclist and many a cyclist loves a beer or two!

Now that I am aware and my clarity is coming back- I am see that the alcohol directly inhibited my recovery. I stayed in brain fog for 30 months and would get down and ....have a beer. I'd be out for 2 days with intensified symptoms.

Now I don't drink- I'll have the 1 socially rarely but that's it. It's not worth jacking up my brain even more just for some libations. I miss it for sure as I love having a great time and partying with buds. But my new mock tails are great and make it so I don't get questioned about why I'm not drinking and can feel like I'm part of the group.

But I agree with Mark- party 'with alcohol' days are over for a long time until my brain is healed- and maybe for life. Which I am fine with =)

Therapy: Vision therapy to improve focal and ambient systems Neuropsychological testing and treatment Vestibular therapy Gabapentin 1800mgs/daily Clonazapam when needed

Natural Therapy and Supplements: Brain breaks every 2 hours Meditation GABA 1000 mcgs B12 1000 mcgs Niacin 3000-5000 mgs (this has significantly helped with brain fog, mood control, and depression) Nordic Naturals Fish Oil 2000mgs Potassium Multi V Glucosamine 5HTP Vitamin D 1500mgs

"Your True Self contains Every Possibility"
-Deepak Chopra
=}
[/SIZE]
ilikepolkadots is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote