View Single Post
Old 01-13-2015, 04:58 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishDave View Post
I am so sorry this is affecting you so badly at the moment, but that is the nature of this hateful condition. As Justjane stated, your meds will take a little while to kick in properly - perhaps a few weeks - then there is the time it takes to modify doses (while you are getting relief). You HAVE to hang in there and avoid things that may trigger severe attacks, things that are natural like flossing.
It is clear that your 'break through' pain meds are not enough for the level of attacks you are having. You need to have this adjusted to suit or Depression is a real concern.
Despite all this, all the pain, all the meds, there is hope. When you are left with a chronically painful condition like TN your mind in all it's Glory learns to cope with the pain better and things seem to become dulled most of the time. I'm not saying it's going to go away or become easy - but I hope for your sake that it does - it can seem that way.
Look after your mental health at all times. Come on here to question or vent, or just to seek some support.
Sorry if I've rambled a bit, was taken to a family event today with no meds - excessive pain - followed by everything at once.

Dave.
Thank you English Dave and Bless you both. I have been on the higher dose for two weeks.
MakenzieMarks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote