View Single Post
Old 06-11-2007, 07:11 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default raising the arm

If someone is raising your arm and moving it into positions it is going against your natural limits. Like an IME putting up your arm and moving it around saying, you have FULL RANGE OF MOTION, BUT if you did the same thing, raised your arm, and did the range YOU could do it would not be as high, far, long, and would be very uncomfortable.

You are at your natural limit. No one should ever allow a doc or PT to move the arm..they should ask you to place your arm to where they want it, then it is your limit and not beyond.....
Anything with resistance, like laying on a table with hand wirghts lifting, thera bands, and hand bikes is bad.

Also, doing a doorway arm lean, don;t be overzelous and lean into it ten times of you hurt at five.
Another thing is passive traction, some some hands on your head and gentle not pressure to release helps, if they use a contraption that bears weight in it, it is too much for sick/inflamed nerves.

I like Biofreeze- or ice, I mix 2 part alcohol and 2 parts water, in double ziplock bags.
ALso, lidoderm patches and valium for muscle spasms. It is what keeps me able towork part time.
Oh and a hottub....
di

Pocono area, PA

DiMarie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote