View Single Post
Old 01-13-2015, 12:36 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Laugh Ketamine @ Cleveland Clinic

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylilyfan View Post
I went up to Cleveland Clinic the other day. My doctor there really wants me to try ketamine infusions, once a week for several weeks. I do not think my insurance will cover it. Even if they do, they won't cover doctors fee, or the fee for the outpatient room, and what they will cover will only be 70%. And, I still have nearly $3000 to meet on my deductible.

I have not worked since December, filed for disability in May. When I filed, I went in to the office to do it, and the woman there who helped me file, back dated my filing to well before I stopped working, as my employer had to make a lot of adjustments the last year I was working due to my RSD. I did not quite understand what she was doing, but it sounded like my date of onset of disability would preceed my date of stopping work... which would mean my date of being eligible for medicare would be sooner.

Now I am still on Cobra.

I am wondering if anyone has had Social Security Medicare cover ketamine as outpatient.

I am thinking I will wait to see if I get disability first time (yeah right, I know, chances are slim)... I should hear something end of Oct. or in Nov. Then, if I do, wait to get Medicare before getting ketamine. I've had RSD almost 10 years, what is a few more months wait.

Otherwise, this is going to cost me a lot of money I just do not have.
HELLO RSD sufferer;
I am going to have the 5 day out-patient ketamine for the second time at Cleveland Clinic Pain Clinic. I had Medicare when I had it last year,and combined with my Blue Cross it covered it well. Hope this helps.

Barb117
Barb117 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote