View Single Post
Old 01-13-2015, 08:32 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Newest update - my daughter's remissions are still staying at about 6 months. They had started at 3 months, then increased slowly to 6 months, but have stayed at 6 months the last few times. But we'll take 6 months, for sure!!

She came out of remission right on schedule (I was just thinking "hasn't it been about 6 months yet?" and looked at my calendar, and it was just 6 months) and crazily enough, BOTH machines in Arizona were getting serviced, so we had to drive to Utah. We asked our original (and the best, IMHO) doctor, the one in NJ, to fax the pad placements over to the Utah guy, and he did, so they used the same pad placements and she responded nicely and got back into remission after 5 treatments.

I'm done with the cancer treatments now and everything was clear in my post-chemo visit, and I'm due for my 3-month check-up in a couple of weeks. I got my blood test done, and they'll tell me the results (God willing, I'll be clear!!). I developed post-chemo neuropathy in my feet, and I think I will try out Calmare on my feet (that's what it was originally developed for, IIRC).

Anyway, she's back in remission and starting on her last semester of high school, still drug-free and out of pain during her remissions. That's my latest update, and hopefully the next remission will be longer than these last ones. Also, I have the energy now to start the insurance fight and try to get our new insurance to cover the Calmare treatments. I'll just use the same 3-page letter I wrote to our last insurance company, and hope it works, too. I was very encouraged that our last insurance company agreed to cover the treatments, and I'm seeing some other companies have started covering it here and there too.
SloRian is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote