View Single Post
Old 01-13-2015, 08:40 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Newbie, B12D, Iron D Anemia, GERD, Anxiety

Hi everyone. Newbie here. I've read almost this entire forum and wanted to post my story. I began having GI issues a few years ago, was put on a PPI that I took off and on for 2 years. Come to find out I had to have my gallbladder removed (source of GI issues). After surgery my life has gone downhill fast. I was diagnosed with PCS and placed on cholesterol binding meds. I am not a fan of pills, period, so I took myself off & researched natural options. At this time I was also placed on Nexium for chest pains from GERD. Began taking digestive enzymes, probiotic and DGL Licorice daily. GI issues subsided. Fast forward four months, developed a raging sinus infection that I couldn't get rid of three antibiotics later. Felt like death. GP referred me to a Hematologist as my blood work "was fine". Hematologist discovered low Ferritin and very low B12 (167 in October 2014). I started monthly B12 injections and had a 5 hour iron infusion for the anemia (Ferritin). No ride in the park. Felt worse after infusion. Fast forward three months, questioned why monthly blood work did not show B12 levels so they started testing my B12. In three months I had only increased to 267. I went back and demanded more frequent injections and will now get them 2X a month. About a month ago, I did more research online and discovered Jarrow's Methyl B12 sublinguals. Ordered those, started them daily (with or without food). Blood work last week showed B12 level was 959. I also read somewhere to stop the oral B12 one week before blood work or results would be skewed. Is this true? Thrilled level is much higher but I still feel like crap. Hands/feet still freezing, hand tremors, numbness/tingling in arm & leg, dizziness, I could go on and on. I had anxiety in my 20's, reoccured with B12D now at 40 with a vengeance. Dr has placed me on an SSRI for the anxiety, I have yet to feel the results almost 3 weeks later (but I know it takes time). Prior to gallbladder surgery, NEVER had a single health issue, EVER. Hence the life downhill statement. I feel like my relationships are stressed (work, family, boyfriend) as just feel like *&%$ most of the time.

Also want to add due to PCS, I eat a low fat, low carb diet, avoid processed foods when I can, eat minimal veggies & fruits though.

Thrilled to find & join a current message board on this issue (although I do not have PN, but have often wondered if I should see a Neurologist due to side effects from the B12D.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you again for the wealth of knowledge on this thread.
Meowser01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
MelodyL (01-13-2015)