View Single Post
Old 01-13-2015, 08:58 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Again, thank you so much for taking the time to answer my questions. You've been a great help! I hope everything settles down now. Cross your fingers.

Kind regards

Frederique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi Frederique,

Okay, so that right side ended up being abscessed. Yes, the post op pain from the type of surgical debridement that you had cone can be a bit.... ouchy :/ It's not always but sometimes it is.

The fact that the post op panorex x-ray showed unfavorable post op healing from the extraction of the wisdom tooth indicates that there was more going on in that area of bone than originally known and/or the surgeon was not thorough enough with the debridement at the time of the extraction and/or the blood clot did not form properly and allowed bacteria to get in the socket. It would have been helpful if your general dentist had taken an xray of that area when you went in to see him about the pain in the second molar as this infection would have more than likely shown up then.

When a surgical debridement is done in a partially healed extraction site the adjacent teeth can become "upset" with all the "commotion" going on with the scraping. After all, the blood cells have already begun the healing process and now that is all being disturbed. The second molar shares bone, nerves and muscle fibers with that wisdom tooth site, so the molar can feel a bit sensitive or even painful until the inflammation of the surgery subsides. If the healing of this surgery goes uneventfully..... then this area should be monitored with a periapical (single) x-ray in about a month and then followed with another one about 3-4 months later. Just to be sure that the healing is going along as it should be.

I hope you start to feel better soon. Enough of this tooth stuff already!!
Bryanna
Frederique1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote