View Single Post
Old 01-13-2015, 11:09 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I have NTOS.

Right 1st rib removed 2005 and was great until the last 6 months.

Left 1st rob removed 2007 and was back to hurting 6 months later.

left minor pectoral muscle detached 2011 slightly better for about a year and then started bothering me again.

When I had my surgeries the surgeon said that my nerve went through my muscles like spaghetti. So any time I get stressed my left arm starts hurting real bad. Sometimes it is burning, sometimes it is a dull ache.... This will sound funny, but when I have to pee bad my left arm really starts acting up due to my body tensing up. My chest and shoulders and upper back hurts most of the time. I have numbness in the right side of my neck and sometimes the lower right side of my face.

I think I have tried every pain medicine out there. I have tried 4 different muscle relaxers. Either they do not help or make it so I cannot function.

I used a TENS unit for almost 2 years, but now if I try I itch for days afterwards.

I get a message about 1-2 a month and it usually helps for a little while. I also get in my hot tub 3-4 times a week and it usually helps.

I have tried PT and it helped alot, but I have alot of triggers on my TOS and even during the PT I reverted back to where I started after 4 weeks of PT 2 times a week, when the Therapist changed the order of the PT.

I am service connected from the VA with TOS both sides and Arthritis and limited motion in my neck.

I have to watch everything I do. I have to make sure I do not move my arms above my chest, unless absolutely required. Carrying anything heavier than 10 lbs. If I go anywhere I have to make sure that I sit when no one on my left side. I have to move my left arm constantly or it starts hurting. I think I have arthritis in both shoulders, but the VA will not recognize that TOS causes Shoulder arthritis.
moltra is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote