View Single Post
Old 01-14-2015, 01:36 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Hi ProAgonist,
You should discuss this with your parents and in my opinion get a check up from the doctor.

I can't really suggest whether you take your Ritalin or not when you're having problems with your heart beat.

When people are anxious our bodies basically go into fight or flight mode. We react. Our heart beat rises. That's actually a natural thing to happen, but if it stays that high all the time, then it's time to talk with the doctor.

Some people with really bad anxiety issues take medications like beta blockers and they help lower the heart rate and some other things. My daughter takes Propranolol in times of extreme stress. It doesn't help with the actual reason we become anxious, but it helps with the physical symptoms of that built up anxiety.

If I were you I'd talk to parents and then go see the doctor. Suggesting you either take your Ritalin or not take your Ritalin right now on a computer would not be a wise thing to do.

I hope you feel better fast and I hope you let us know how you're doing.

p.s. I know you're working on it, but I hope you're considering getting some counselling for that anxiety. CBT is a very helpful way to do that. It helps us relearn some of our wayward thinking habits (fears and anxiety) and can be very helpful sometimes in combination with a medication.

Lara.
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote