Thread: Jaw pain?
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2015, 03:22 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thanks again Bryanna - I so admire how you dedicate yourself to we who are confused and scared - I do hope that all you do comes back to you ten fold.

I saw the oral surgeon today -he doesn't think it's the filling but the actual wisdom tooth extraction site. It looks on the xray as though the bone isn't filling in and he says the extraction site is still a really deep hole. I think the filling maybe just upset the whole thing - maybe even drilling debris is in the hole? Anyway, I'm to go back on Friday and he said he would clean it out an do a curette on the bone. Regarding the pain in the root canal - he said that all the inflammation is just upsetting it - to be honest ALL of my teeth are now becoming really sensitive so I'm willing to let it go and see what happens once we fix the pain in the wisdom tooth region.

He said it wouldn't take long and he would give me a local anaesthetic. What I didn't think to ask is will there be a lot of bleeding? Will healing be the same as the first time the wisdom tooth came out? I so don't want to go through all of that again (of course I have no choice).

Also, I have been having an upset tummy with the Clindamycin (and I had penicillin before the Clindamycin) - it's not diarrhea yet just frequent bowel movements and the OS suggested I stop the Clindamycin before it progresses further. I assume that I'll be OK without antibiotics? and that the procedure will be enough to control the infection?

Again, thanks a million.
Mytoothhurts2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote