View Single Post
Old 01-14-2015, 09:54 AM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Default Hello! Pain on side of head?

Hello, I've been reading through these forums and have found them interesting and informative. Thank you very much.
I'm wondering if anyone can help me with a question on head pain? I have a small, bean-shaped swelling above (and slightly to the rear of) my left ear. It is painful and the pain goes up and over the top of the left side of my head. I get a weeping eye on the same side. Some days the pain is really quite severe - throbbing and aching and I have problems wearing my spectacles for any length of time. When my eye is sore it feels like it is being sucked in. I have some neck problems too and have consulted my doctor and a cranial osteopath. Doc says that I have a swollen lymph gland (I didn't know you had lymph glands above your ears?)and I have now been referred to a neurosurgeon and for an MRI scan on my neck to assess for mechanical/disc problems. (I had a skiing fall several years ago but no treatment other than x ray.) I am 50 years old and otherwise well apart from having total thyrodectomy six years ago and am on thyroxine.

My questions are - why might this little lymph gland be swollen? Could falling asleep with my glasses on have caused it? (It hurts right under where my glasses touch my head at the side) Could the lymph gland be linked to problems with my neck? (I know I do have some arthritis in my neck which was discovered after the skiing accident) What questions should I be asking the neurologist when I see him? Any tips for helping me cope with the pain and not be frightened by it?

Thank you so much.
Jacs.
JacquiB50 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (01-14-2015)