View Single Post
Old 01-14-2015, 11:12 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Welcome to NeuroTalk...

That area above the ear is where a lymph node is. That node I learned myself, when mine swelled up once on vacation, drains the upper face and eye socket areas. (I had a black fly bite on my eyelid in Maine). However when that node swells up it is bigger by far than a "bean".

But another cause is skin reactions to the eyeglasses legs you wear. There are long silicone sleeves at most eye care places you can buy cheaply that cover this area of your eyeglasses. I was having a reaction to the plastic in mine, and the acids in the skin that causes dermatitis for me. Some people are also allergic to the metal in metal frames. So try the silicone sleeves, and see if it heals up for you. These silicone things are not expensive.

Small bumps can also be neuromas, which are nervous tissue and those could hurt much more. If your frames are too tight and constantly compressing a nerve there, it might react and swell up.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Darlene (01-15-2015), Kitt (01-15-2015), Lara (01-14-2015)