View Single Post
Old 01-14-2015, 01:17 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkerslbje View Post
There is no way they can cut our SSDI payments and not cut welfare! It blows my mind when they call SSDI a
Intitlement program! How is it a intitalment when I paid into it for so many years , and if I had not they would tell me to pound sand! The people would not stand for a cut in SSDi unless they are willing to cut welfare in half! The welfare people did not par crap

QUOTE=EducatedAsylum;1001436]99% positive that doesn't mean an end to SSDI, they will just have to find another way to fund it.

However, they do have to do something about the rampant abuse in the system
Most of the public does not understand the difference between SSI and SSDI benefits.

SSDI benefits (and SS retirement benefits) cost the government much more than we ever pay in, it really isn't the same as paying for insurance.

While I do understand the need for SSI, there are times when I question how fair it is that when you factor in the extra entitlement programs, like Medicaid, that they can receive.

Not that every SSI applicant is able to utilize all those benefits, and they certainly have less opportunities for long term security... But many SSDI beneficiaries are never going to be in a situation to achieve financial security regardless.
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Rayandnay (01-14-2015)