View Single Post
Old 01-14-2015, 03:07 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

OMG we are gallbladder twins. HA. My surgery was just over a year ago and just like you, mine was so dead they had to scrape it off my liver. I also have a hiatal hernia so the excess bile flows up into my esophagus YAY. I often wonder if my side pain isn't from the surgery (scar tissue).

LOL @ Dunkin. I can't do hot, goes right through me since I lost my GB, hence the iced coffee. I do get a shot of caramel in mine too. Obsessed with that daily. About to leave now to get mine ha.

Re: sprouts - I've read your previous posts on it, sounds very interesting, yet, I am a meat/potato girl. Well, chicken & potato. But thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelodyL View Post
You have no gallbladder? I have no gallbladder either. I had two gallbladder surgeries in two days back in 1999 because my gallbladder was stuck to my liver. Not a pleasant week back in the day. But I was told that the liver takes over the function of the gallbladder in digesting fats. Not that I eat a lot of fat. I eat low carb, healthy fats and I also grow my own sprouts in my house. Best thing I ever did. I grow broccoli sprouts, radish sprouts, fenugreek and other sprouts. Been doing this for YEARS. I made the best sprout salads. Add a dash of salt and pepper, some garlic powder, a splash of extra virgin olive oil, and then add some salmon or some tuna and you have a nice lunch or dinner.

Some people think it's rabbit food but for me, it literally makes me feel good and it feeds my body. I have lots of youtube videos up on sprouting. If you ever are interested on this way of eating (lots of vegetarians and vegans live on these foods and are quite happy), just let me know. I'll send you a link and you can discover the MAGIC of sprouting and microgreening.

you'd be surprised how good this is. No side effects, no digestion problems, people with irritable bowel say that eating this way has stopped their chronic constipation/diarrhea, etc.

But some people can't do this. They are the steak and potatoes people.

I'm a sprout person.

rofl.

Be well

Melody

P.S. I go to Dunkin every single morning. I HAVE to have a nice hot cup of coffee. There are all these young people ordering lattes and frapachinos an mochachinos and double shots of expresso, etc. All I'v ever drank at Dunkin is a regular cup of their hot coffee. And even when it's minus something outside, people will come in and order an Iced Latte. I don't even know what that is but it's sounds too cold for me. lol
Meowser01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote