View Single Post
Old 01-14-2015, 04:06 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thank you Mrs D! I refused to take the Welchol but take digestive enzymes instead. I knew that BC depletes a lot and I've been on BC for over 20 years. Wonderful information. Will pick up Taurine next time I am out. Will also check out the cream - that excites me!

I wanted to ask, is there a supplement you can recommend I take that has calcium, magnesium, D3, iron, etc? versus me taking 20 pills a day?

I do consume some healthy fats and on rare occasions not so healthy, and pay the price for it later by having horrible stomach pain.

Also, in reference to your signature, I am addicted to my backyard birds & buy 25lb bags of black oil seeds 2x a month ha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Hormones can affect many nutrients:

With no gall bladder your fat intake has to be spaced out and not in huge meals. But you should be able to tolerate some fats. You should still be making bile, only not storing it. If your bile seems sluggish or you still get "symptoms" with many foods...try using a gram a day of Taurine. This amino acid grabs onto the cholesterol in the bile, and helps it move out better.

Your Welchol only grabs the bile AFTER the bile exits the duct.
The taurine helps at the liver level.

I'd take the nutrients in between the Welchol and not with it.

Also check your magnesium...if it is oxide it is not being absorbed (it remains in the bowel which with the constipating Welcol may be necessary for you at times). Get another type, either SlowMag or a chelated form for systemic absorption.
You can also get rub on lotion now, the new Morton Epsom Lotion, this bypasses the GI tract entirely and is absorbed thru the skin. Many of us find it very helpful for neuropathy pain.

WalMart, Walgreen's and online at Amazon are the most common places to find it. Not all stores carry it locally.
Meowser01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (01-14-2015)