View Single Post
Old 01-14-2015, 10:09 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissGiggles View Post
Neuro is sending me to another doctor for facet joint injections. I am getting quite frustrated because my symptoms are nothing like what I read about facet joint syndrome. This has been going on for 15 months and I just feel like an un-listened to guinea pig!

1) My lower back muscles are always tight...even after massage
2) I have no nerve pain at all...I'm just always uncomfortable due to the tightness of the muscles
3) While riding in a car or sitting in a chair that isn't a straight up/hard chair I'm 100% fine
4) Walking feels GREAT
5) I have inflammation in my lower back and hips, but only realize it when someone pushes on me

Yesterday morning, I went to the Dr, then straight to lunch and sat in a cushy booth. Walked around the corridors of the mall for 15 mins. Had to stand for 20 mins at the Apple store. (rocking back and forth to help the tight muscle pain) Came home and then couldn't walk due to my muscles just 'dropping' me to the ground.

Does anyone think this could be facet joint syndrome? I don't know whether to call my neuro...or the new dr or what. I just feel they are sending me down the wrong road and I am totally not for putting more shots in my back that are uncalled for. The spinal shots i received last spring only made my condition worse.

The facet joint injections usually to a few days to feel the full effects which would be the lessening of inflammation. If they help, it would give you some idea as to what is causing your pain. This would give a better idea what joints are involved as well.

Sometimes they can be helpful with lessening the pain for a few months because of the pain meds injected. The pain relief is usually temporary; but still many people will get them 2-3 times a year.

As far as your sitting in a booth; I have been forced to give up my "love" of a booth when going to a restaurant. The softness of the booth seating seems to dip the spine and causes too much pain. I now ask to be seated at a table with chairs. If chairs aren't padded, my husband gets the cushion I have in the trunk to make chair more comfortable; but booth cushion seating has been a "no no" for me for quite some time. That may also not be too good for you as well.

Dealing with lumbar pain can be cause for so many reasons which can be very frustrating when sorting different issues.

Gerry

Last edited by ger715; 01-14-2015 at 10:35 PM.
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote