Thread: Sjogrens???
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2015, 01:44 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thanks Synnove for clarifying your chest tightness symptoms. Sounds like we're similar but slightly different - autoimmune conditions can present such a confusing overlap of symptoms differently in each individual. Hope your cardiac problems are manageable. I agree with your theory of Sjogren's possibly causing a lack of lubrication in the lungs (and possibly oesophageous?) Fits with the whole dryness symptoms typically presented with sjogren's. I was tested for sjogren's but the blood tests came back negative (which I understand is not uncommon), schirmer's test was positive for dry eyes. I have burning painful feet and numbness in the ball and toes of both feet. I also have numbness and weakness in my left hand which is slowly increasing. Pins and needles, joint pain and fatigue are constant (I also have some osteoarthritis).
Re the reflux - I was misdiagnosed with acid reflux (and treated with a Omaprezole (I think that was it) about 6 mths prior to my original Addison's diagnosis. I wasn't diagnosed until I had deteriorated enough to go into crisis. The reflux diagnosis was then dismissed and the symptoms were attributed to the Addisons. The medication never gave me any relief anyway and was stopped. I'll discuss it again with my GP when I see her next.
I had an emergency appendectomy last Oct. which caused another Addison's crisis including some neuro symptoms - as a result of this I requested to see a neurologist but so far have heard nothing re an appt.
It's good to read everyone's posts and get info to help me prepare questions for when I hopefully get to see someone. Thanks
Billylyne5 - all the best for your appt. on Jan 23. Hope you make some progress.
bluesfan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote