View Single Post
Old 01-15-2015, 06:01 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

happy new year everyone.

i was sort of hoping i'd be home free this yr in the medical dept.
now 2 things have popped up.

when i had my back surgery the neurosurgeon had a cardiothoracic surgeon help him. they went in thru the front (of my abdomen) to move aside bowel and important blood vessels. then, finished thru the back. so, the cardiac guy thought i was high risk enuf and he placed an IVC filter in my inferior vena cava (the largest vein in your body).

i have some drs who don't think the filter needs to come out and some who do.
there are risks both ways. i hate having to make these should i or shouldn't i decisions. so, i've decided to have it removed. it's a foreign object. it could shift or damage the vessel (very bad news) or several other things. i'm hoping to do it next month. it's not surgery. they go in thru the groin vein and snag the top, collapse it and pull it out. any problem and he'll stop.

then i discovered that i have one foot that's warm and one that's cold. along with slightly less blood perfusion and pulses in the cold foot. the dr said it's something arterial but can't say as yet. in 2 wks i'm having an US (ultrasound). then i'll know what needs to be done. i can't afford circulation problems in my feet because of the diabetes.

so, i may not be as home free as i'd like.
You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
--------------------------------------
"DESIDERATA" by Max Ehrmann
NurseNancy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (01-15-2015)