View Single Post
Old 01-15-2015, 06:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessio View Post
Hi Gerry,
I hope you are still doing great with the Mucuna-Tyrosene-D5-Cys protocole.
I was diagnosed in 2003, refused to undergo regular treatment and tried several alternative treatments, from acupuncture to stem cell treatment in Germany and finally mucuna and aminoacids.
A question for you: I have been in an almost similar protocol for over a year, with 1 additional teaspoon of Mucuna, 8 instead of your 7, D5 two daily capsules and Cys also six per day... but... I have not been doing great and I believe the problem is the Tyrosene, which I am actually in 6 Tablespoons daily. My doctor is away until the end of the month and I strongly believe that my intake of Tyrosene is way too high. Do you happen to know what an excess of Tyrosene can produce? I am not okay, on and off and not doing great, even though I went through a lot of laboratory tests, 6 of them, with no much improvement. I am still experimenting in the dosages with my doctor's approval.
What is your dosage nowadays? Any information will be greatly appreciated!.
Thank you!
I continue to do well on it. My doses ended up at 9 tsp Mucuna, 5 tbl Tyrosine, 5-HTP 1 capsule, and 6 capsules l-cysteine per day. Small variations in dosage, even a few hundred mg plus or minus, can unbalance and negate the results. I tried another tbl of Tyrosine but could not tolerate it. I have tried to cut back but that didn't work, either. Be sure to allow 5 days to judge the effect of a dosage change and have your doctor consult with doctor Hinz. It can take some time to get the balance.

Tyrosine is meant to eliminate the on-off episodes but the dose needs to be calibrated. BTW, the doctor's website has changed a lot. See www.neurosciencemyths.com.
Born 1948. Diagnosed 2011. DBS ON 7/17. Taking cd/ld 200 MG at 6 am, 9 am, 12 pm, 3 pm, 6 pm and 9 pm. Finasteride 5 mg, Life Extension Mix and Once-Daily Health Booster, Mitochondrial Energy Optimizer with BioPQQ, Optimized Curcumin (longvida), Triple Action Cruciferous Vegetable Extract with Resveratrol, Vectomega-3, Vit D3 5000U,Lithium orotate 5 mg, AMPK Activator, Kefiran, N-Acetyl-L- Cysteine (NAC), Tri-Magnesium, Advanced NeuroPro, Duozyme,
Palmitoylethanolamide (PEA) Updated 9/21/17.
GerryW is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote