View Single Post
Old 06-11-2007, 09:21 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

I find this a very interesting post, and thank you, Mrs. D., for posting it. A couple of years ago I was lucky enough to get to see a rheumatologist who's considered one of the best in our state, and much of what he taught me about fibro coincides with the info you've passed on. He was very leery of trigger point injections, and told me that in his own opinion the only way they might benefit a person is through the placebo affect.

I've also done tons of research on the subject, although most of it was done several years ago, when I was first diagnosed with the condition. At that time I consistently kept coming upon studies where the the main conclusion was that in most people, fibro seemed to be triggered by any condition which would cause a loss of deep sleep. It could be emotional, psycholgical or physical, but after weeks with no stage IV sleep the body began to change in major ways. Like you, Mrs. D, I am only repeating what I found in my two years of studying this condition, and some physicians were at definite odds with others. However, I do know that the more sleep I can manage to get, the better I feel overall.
Idealist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
GmaSue (07-12-2009)