View Single Post
Old 06-11-2007, 09:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Angry

What i am afraid of is that once a drug gets approved for fibro. Doctors are going to a all or nothing approach. And want to put everyone on that drug. and if it does not work they wont try other drugs. They will dump you and claim that you are a hypochondriac or just looking for narcotics.

Since i believe that fibro is a group of disorders and not a single disease that can be treated with a single drug many of us will be left out to suffer. With out help.

I to have been looking at drug trials and have found that most are loaded to get the results that the drug companies need to make there drugs look very affective when they are not or only affective for a subset of fibro,

Many of the drug companies only look for mild cases of fibro that are more likely to be helped by there drugs and many of those drugs some of us have already tried an found to be worthless for a large numbers of us.

Some drugs the VA has researched like antidepressants and found that they only work in about 30 % others like cymbalta have been found not to work for most men. with fibro and the trials have no or few men. yet the drug companies don't say anything about this in the results of these trials.
AUGOLDMINER is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
GmaSue (07-12-2009)