View Single Post
Old 01-16-2015, 02:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default EMG today - Myelogram in 2 weeks

The pain Dr and I talked about the possibility of a SCS helping with my pain.
But after the results of an MRI last month the Pain Dr didn't think that would work. So I decided to see a neurosurgeon for an experts opinion.

Based upon his evaluation the Nuerosurgeon scheduled me for the EMG & the Myelogram to determine if the root of my problem is Arachnoiditis. He said that I should feel a specific pain in my left leg based upon the MRI and I feel pain & burning in both legs & feet. Since my adventure in this world of pain was after I was critically ill 4 years ago he wants to look there.

Today's EMG showed some improvement over the previous one but once again most of the pain is consistant with neuropathy and not from my back.

I guess this is a frustating condition but in the grand scheme of things my health is good & I feel blessed.

I guess the one step foward two steps back I've felt for 4 years continues.

In the mean time the Pain Dr decided I should try Lyrica instead of the Gralise (time release gabapetin) I had been taking. It seems to be doing something "better" in my feet but nothing for the rest of the pain in my back & legs. It seemed like the Gralise must have been providing some relief for them.

Thanks for listening
My PN is considered Critical Illness Neuropathy. In October 2010 I left for a golf trip not feeling well, woke up in a hospital 21 days later. I was in an induced coma for treatment of Legioneers Disease. First day out of ICU I noticed the pain in my feet and as they say the rest is history.
MikeK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote