View Single Post
Old 01-17-2015, 10:58 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Cysts and Hydrocephalus

Dear All,

I am new here and i would like to get some answers among fellow member on this forum.
Pardon if my English is not very good since i am from Asian country.

My son was born with arachnoid and porencephalic cysts that causing him hydrocephalus.
We did the 1st shunt when he was 4 months old and it was doing great until today. He is 7 years old now. During this time, he had 1 revision by the age of 2.

Last time we did the Ct Scan was in May 2014 and the scan shows everything is normal. Ventricles is stable in size (larger than normal brain but stable in size all these time). Cysts are also very small i assume since they didn't put any measurement of the cysts like before.
The doctor told me that when he was baby, all the empty area was all water but now all the empty areas are all brain. No hydrocephalus according to the scan.

My question is that, since he was having hydrocephalus because of the cysts, is it possible that he is totally cured once the cysts are gone? Logically it is, but i am not a doctor so i am not really sure about this and i would like to get some answers here to all fellow member who might have the same experience or condition.
2nd question is that, is shunt blockage occur more often during very young age or it is the same throughout your age.

Thank you
rianto is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote