Old 01-17-2015, 05:56 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

[QUOTE=Ironbutterfly;1118852]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginnie View Post
I have a friend in Missouri, who turned in his lazy relative. Claimed to be disabled in that state and got away with it. He is healthy enough to drink beer all day and sit on the couch. My friend never understood why he got the disability to begin with. I see many people being denied, when they truly need the help. I don't know how people scam the system, but it does happen. Wish the programs were fair to all, easier for those than need the help yesterday....

Oh I can believe how easy it is to scam to get SSDI. Had a neighbor across the street, from Mexico, nice people et all. However her Mom stayed with them for a while and she and I were talking and she said she was going to try and get SSDI (we were talking about my hubby waiting for his hearing) and she said " yeah I heard if you just claim mental and psych issues, you can get it. I think I will say I am seeing cows chasing me all the time and there are special doctors you can pay to get a psych report".

And there you have it.....

I know of another person who got SSDI and she was working under the table cleaning houses but was disabled due to fibromyalgia ,bad back, etc.
The lady across the street might think it's easy but that doesn't mean it will be.

If you know someone working under the table and collecting SSDI/SSI, you have a responsibility to report them to SS for fraud. http://www.disabilitysecrets.com/res...ssdi-fraud.htm
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Rayandnay (01-17-2015)