View Single Post
Old 01-18-2015, 02:58 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Help me please!!

Hi everyone! First of all, english isn't my native language and second i'm having problems on focusing due to lyrica withdrawal, but i'll try my best for your understanding.

I took lyrica for weakness on my left elbow (muscle injury), well, i didn't know lyrica was a medication for problems i never had, i just trusted in my doctor, he told me lyrica was a very "light" medication so i took it for ONLY 2 weeks, twice a day, 75mg each capsule. When all my capsules was gone i just stopped taking it, the doctor didn't say anything about tapering down and the nightmare was beginning.

In the first 3 days i had:
  • extreme headache in one side of the head (can't remember wich one)
  • dizziness
  • head pressure
  • tearing
  • lack of breath
  • trouble to take a deep breath
  • weight in the legs
  • insomnia
  • suddenly wake up in panic

Ok, today i completed 2 months off lyrica, some symptoms gone, and some appeared, the ones that still remain are worse.

Current symptoms:
  • extreme dizziness the whole time
  • head pressure
  • tingling in the head
  • sensitivity to sound
  • feeling heavy (as if gravity had increased)
  • weight in the upper body
  • some days i wake up sneezing

I've been a little anxious my entire life, so i think my anxiety is "normal". Symptoms seems to get worse the more active i am, also sitting or/and looking down makes it a LOT worse in seconds. Everyday i think i'm dying and my parents don't deserve that, i'm only 25y. I'm drinking camomile tea everyday, lots of water, eating healthy food, but can't walk everyday because i'm too scared to get off home. My parents aren't the most supportive and they keep pushing me to do things. What else can i do? Should i start lyrica over again? Does anyone know about a similar case? I found some, but not including all my symptoms. Please help me, i'm desperate! The dizziness and head pressure are driving me crazy to the point i'm thinking about suicide.

Did i mention that doctors in my country are all about the money? My doctor prescribed lyrica for nothing, my elbow was healed.. Help!
lyricaBR is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote