View Single Post
Old 01-18-2015, 09:08 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Thanks, Lara. Alot of my photos are "artistically" blurred! I take them thru our ancient vintage windows that are wavy.
Hubby likes the effects too.

Here is one with a little more light...just doves, and a little red
squirrel in the flower pot. He showed up about a week ago. He is much smaller than the other squirrels. So we have 4 varieties of them now. There are some sparrows there and maybe a junco or two (these are difficult to see on the ground as they are dark and small). The juncos usually come AFTER the bird herd leaves. They don't like commotion. The juncos are only here in cold weather, and move North in spring. They are gray and white or buff, and do a little dance in the snow with their feet to expose seeds. They are the only bird we see do this.

This photo shows only about a third as many as we usually get at this bench feeder. The presence of the hawks seem to decrease the numbers some days.

I was thinking last night about all the bird flu posts in our HNH section here. I wonder if these ducks carry it too? I am having hubby do some careful measures to not track anything in the house (more so than usual). He is grumpy about that, so far.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.

Last edited by mrsD; 07-06-2015 at 02:14 PM.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
EnglishDave (01-18-2015), Lara (01-18-2015)