View Single Post
Old 01-18-2015, 11:47 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Been enjoying some nice weather for a few days. The high yesterday was 70. We are supposed to have a few more nice days and then the temps are supposed to fall into the 40s. It is so nice to be able to run errands or just go outside and not being worried about falling on ice or snow.

I had Anya over for her last sleepover last weekend. We made individual pizzas and then a cookie pizza. She did not go to bed until 11:45 and woke up at 6:45 so I was exhausted for a few days. I love spending time with her. She is so funny and creative, and loving.

I went out to dinner with the family last night, and I am going over to their place for ribs tonight.

So all in all I am adapting to being here to a degree. Being near family is the most positive thing about the move.

I don't love it, but I don't hate it. I miss the small town atmosphere of Charleston and usually seeing somebody I knew everywhere I went. But I do like all of the options I have for shopping, restaurants, and movies being close by here. Traffic is crazy so I tend to avoid going into the city by myself. I like the weather now, but I am sure I won't be to happy with it in the summer. But I was really depressed in Illinois the past few winters.

I still haven't manage to find doctors that I feel comfortable with (especially neurologist) and I miss my HMO. I am just going to wait until late summer to try to find a different neurologist.

Illinois insurance is 39 weeks behind in paying out claims so I am having to pay some bills or make arrangements for a monthly bill with the clinic I go to hoping I will get reimbursed by the clinic when they get paid. I have only received actual bills from the clinic. Otherwise I have just received claim notices from my insurance. I already have 8000.00 in claims so this is a big concern. Doctors and hospitals in Illinois are just willing to wait until they get paid. The hospital made me pay several hundred more than I should have when I had my MRI's so hopefully they will also repay me at some point.

So that is my little update from Texas. I am now working on improving my diet. I quit drinking diet coke two weeks ago, and starting tomorrow I am not going to eat in the evening. Once I achieve that goal I will add a new one.
barb02 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Debbie D (01-22-2015), Erika (01-19-2015), LoveCats (01-18-2015), SallyC (01-18-2015)