View Single Post
Old 01-18-2015, 05:38 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Red face New to nt and need help understanding recent mri.

I'm a 53 year old woman who has had back and neck problems since 1992 due to mva.
this mri is of my cervical spine.

There is severe narrowing noted at the C5-6 and C6-7 disc spaces. Mildo spurring is present. Overall alignment is within normal limits. There are no subluxations. Normal marrow signal is present. There is normal signal in the cord and surrounding soft tissues.

The C2-3 through C4-5 levels appear unremarkable.

At C5-6, there is a very mild diffuse disc bulge with some mild spondylitis spurring resulting in some mild to moderate bilateral foraminal narrowing. There is no central canal stenosis.

At C6-7, there is mild spondylitis spurring with an annular fissure to the right of midline. However there does not appear to be any evidence of neural foraminal narrowing. There is no central canal stenosis.

The visualized upper thoracic spine is unremarkable.

IMPRESSION: There is severe narrowing at C5-6 and C6-7. There are changes of cervical spondylosis at these levels. However there is only some bilateral narrowing present at C5-6.

I hope that this excruciating pain at times get resolved soon. I told my old doctor 10 + years ago how bad it was she did x-rays and gave me a rx for arthritis. Needless to say I just figured it was just something else I had to live with. I now have a new doctor (due to moving ) that ordered this mri.
Thank you for your help in understanding this mri.
tbaker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote