View Single Post
Old 01-18-2015, 10:55 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Leesal,

I mentioned to you in my original post that I was skeptical about the dentist placing bone graft in areas where the teeth had been extracted 20 years ago as the bone has had to recede quite a bit over that span of time. The success of the grafts depend on several factors including how well he prepared that bone before he placed the implants and if the bone was adequate enough to hold the graft.

I was also concerned about the extraction site that developed a dry socket as you said he had placed a graft there also. So that graft may be compromised from the dry socket.

I cannot tell you he did anything wrong as I have not seen the pre op xrays or the way he performed the surgery.

If you could get a different opinion that would might be helpful. But as I said you may have difficulty doing that as another oral surgeon may not want to get involved.

Stay on the probiotics and you won't need the kiefer.

Bryanna
Hi Bryanna,

I wanted to follow up with you in regards to my situation for further advice.

I saw another oral surgeon who felt the other Dr. didn't do an adequate enough job cleaning out the extraction site on the left. On the right side where grafting was also done, the membrane started showing and one of the screws started coming up.

I went back to the original Dr. who did my surgery. He went back in to remove the membrane on the right side and screw which was done January 7. On the left side where the tooth was extracted, he did an x-ray and said there was an infection present which he went back in to clean out. The right side is feeling better and I don't have a lot of the pain. The left side where the extraction and grafting was done pain is better. One issue I continue to have is the bad taste in my mouth coming from the extraction site. I'm doing Chlorhexidine 2 times per day along with salt water rinses.

Since I continue to have this bad taste where the tooth was extracted and bone grafting done, do you think there is still infection present? I'm 6 weeks post op from my original surgery.
leesal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote