View Single Post
Old 06-12-2007, 12:17 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default neuromuscular massage

When I had a rib resection and scalenectomy in 2004 in Denver Dr Annest had me seeing a wonderful massage therapist named Jan. She was trained in neuromuscular massage, acute/chronic pain relief and stress reduction.

A few months ago after spending 5 days in the hospital for an asthma attack I was really a big muscle spasm and thought I might benefit from some massage.

I started looking for a massage therapist that was trained in neuromuscular massage. Looking at the website of the alternative medicine expert Andrew Weil M.D. I saw a referral site this organization for massage therapists.
I continued looking under neuromuscular massage and found a massage therapist that worked in a physical therapy clinic ( now I'm thinking whoopee! maybe there's some insurance coverage here)

I found a massage therapist that belonged to this organization and was very well trained. The great part of it is he works about 3 miles from my home-even in the same city !

He really has magic hands ( I say) he does as good a job on me as my previous physical therapist who had her Ph.D. in physical therapy. He does not flare me up and does an hour massage. It is just too good to be true.
I hope this website helps you

p.s. I just learned with this new massage therapist you are supposed to tip a massage therapist if you can. I asked the receptionist and she said that they don't expect it but it is nice if they do a really good job
I asked her how much to tip and she said $10 ! Well, when I think about it he does charge $70/hr so that is about right.
He was really nice about it when I told him I haven't worked in 7 years and was on social security.I try to tip him if I can.

I just never thought about tipping because as a nurse I would never accept a tip from a patient in fact I would feel kind of insulted. The massage therapist I used to see must have thought I was really cheap.
http://www.amtamassage.org/findamassage/locator.htm

I don't know where you are located but this is the one I found.
http://www.appointment-plus4.com/ap/...ssword=&action=
ocgirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote