Magnate

8 yr Member
Magnate

8 yr Member
Cool Smirk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleo View Post
Classic TN as advertised by the TNA
Classic Trigeminal Neuralgia, type 1, (TN1): (also known as tic douloureux) facial pain of spontaneous onset with greater than 50% limited to the duration of an episode of pain (temporary pain). TN is often caused by loss of or damage to the nerve’s protective coating, (myelin). The most widely accepted view is that myelin damage results from irritation of the nerve, usually a blood vessel that causes the nerve to be compressed.
Thanks for that Cleo, I read their Site - and also the English TNA Site, amongst others.
Over hear everything is lumped under one umbrella heading - Neuropathic Facial Pain (Perhaps this would be a better Forum title?) - which includes pain from TN, Diabetic Neuropathy, MS, etc… But what's in a name - or cause - on this Forum when the excruciating pain is the same and you are looking for support from fellow sufferers?
I, myself, have a knot of arteries wrapped around my left trigeminal nerve before the branching, causing constant parasthesia (painful pins and needles) on the left side of my head and face - especially forehead and nose - (Neuropathic Facial Pain).
Classic TN attacks happen when the arterial knot tightens, or moves - cold weather, stress, touch and especially my GTN heart spray which dilates blood vessels. Then the pain is ramped up to a burning electrocution. Like everything else, I get it in Spades.
As an aside, the TNA statement that TN is probably the most painful of human conditions is a wild one. Having the misfortune to suffer Cluster Headaches aka Suicide Headaches - which last for up to 2 hours and make me want to smash my head against a wall, or reach into my skull and rip my brain out - as well I can categorically state TN is second place. (Ladies, please don't mention childbirth)

Dave

Last edited by EnglishDave; 01-20-2015 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Adding Cluster Headache para.
EnglishDave is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
justjane37 (01-22-2015)